Kubernetes Cluster in 5min
What will you get after completing steps below
Screenshot of cluster’s dashboard
- You have a Linux machine in place. Physical or virtual machine doesn’t mather.
- The Linux OS is supposed to be one of following distroes: the Ubuntu 16+, 18+ or CentOS 7.
- Internet is available on your machine
- Use Virtual Machine to test it before running it on physical machine
- VirtualBox or VMWare is a good option.
- Kubernetes is supposed to run on Linux server, but it should be able to run on desktop version as well.
Steps to use the script
- Setup SSH Server if you need
- Get the script from my github repo
Switch to root user and run the script
# Ubuntu wget https://github.com/harryho/kube-cluster-in-5mins/blob/master/ubuntu/kube-cluster.sh # CentOS wget https://github.com/harryho/kube-cluster-in-5mins/blob/master/centos/kube-cluster.sh # Switch user sudo su ./kube-cluster.sh -h
- Hardware ( Enable VT-x, 2+ Core , 2G RAM )
- The scripts only support ubuntu 16+ or CentOS 7+
Swap must be off
disable swap immediately
sudo swapoff -a
comment out the swap drive from fstab
# swap was on ... # UUID=XXXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX